Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A Catalog of Quilts In Progress

I spent New Year's Eve re-organizing fabric and yarn, and cataloging quilts in progress. The criteria for identifying a quilt as being "in progress" are vague, but here is what I have found so far:

February 2014 -- DONE!!

2 1/2 in four-patch squares (41 1/2 of them) - these need a bright idea about what to do with them. Looking for some scrap materials to set them with maybe.

mid-2013:  gave away the fabric to Lisa

Very partially quilted - the border has hand-quilted feathers. This is a full-size double bed quilt, so there's a lot of quilting to be done.

Lone Star - about 60 inches square. Top only - needs backing, quilting, binding.

This is a 9-patch top. I just offered it to Lisa for the cabin. Will it qualify as a finished quilt if I give it away in this condition?

Fans: This was quilt that turned into a tree skirt that turned into a diffeent quilt. It is basted, but one of the squares isn't quite right, so some work is needed. a. fix square, b. baste, quilt, bind.

This is a full-size quilt top from my grandmother's bottom dresser drawer. I don't have backing, or any idea about how I would quilt it. Probably just machine quilted...

New York Beauty: 22 arcs are complete and lots of fabric gathered. I'm thinking about a sawtooth star border. Please talk me out of this wild idea.

Red and black - needs a border


wedding ring arcs - I have drafted the centers and end squares, but need to select an appropriate fabric, and do all the other stuff


Hibiscus applique - applique in progress on first block of three. Not sure if I have fabric for last two blocks. This might be a one-block project
One-patch quilt - found in my grandmother's dresser. I have the backing fabric. Needs to be basted, quilted, and bound
Photographs coming soon:

Goldfish March 2, 2014  -- DONE!! 

Japanese shadows - top complete, seems like I purchased the backing, but I'm not sure where it is. Look in "Japanese Fabric" box.

Embroidered dresses - embroidery in progress - I believe I am on the fourth block of twelve j-- December 2015 -- DONE!!!

Arizona Postcards - top complete - next step: purchase or find backing. then quilt and bind

Elephants - applique - have the pattern and the fabric in the same place. This is a project that Nora came up with 

Fuschias - applique - purchased at a quilt show as a kit. Haven't even started it

Cranes foundation piecing -- I have collected the fabric and have a pattern plus a prototype block which is currently missing in action 



And finally, I want to start a scrap quilt and I am leaning heavily toward making 8" sawtooth stars from leftover fabrics. an 8 x 10 setting would be nice, so I would only have to make 80 blocks. The fabric could be pre-cut...  

No comments: