Tuesday, November 15, 2011

NaNoWriMo Day 15

You people are mighty quiet. Marcie sends me amusing textmessages every now and then, but I am suspecting that I have fallen into an alternative world where I think I have writing friends but they never write back...

So here's the good news: I am back on track. I passed the 25,000 word mark today. Melanie has made it past the drawbridge, has found a mute child, and now she is trekking across California with TWO children, and they survived the wildfire.

The dog has yet to appear.

The bad news is this: I have passed the 25,000 word mark, but something has [sob!] gone dreadfully wrong with the NaNoWriMo stats. It knows what my word count is, but it will not increment the "words written today" nor the graph. No matter how many words I type, it stays at 606 words for today - and trust me, I wrote close to 4,000 words (yes, my brain is hurting from the exercise)  and I really really really wanted to see the little bar reach the 25,000 mark and it just sulks at 21,637. There is nothing worse than a sulking bar graph. [sigh]

I have caught up, and therefore I am happy. I see Katie's word count continues to soar - are you trying to invoke the warrantee on that new laptop before it is even a month old??

And Anita - you are having these great events at DVC and I can't get there for them! Too early in the day! Maybe next week, I'll leave work early and sneak over there. But wait. I don't think you scheduled a write-in next week.

In my last email, I asked about our Friday event.  Any news? when? where? how? we know why, right?

See y'all soon, in words if not in person.

No comments: